Music Festivals Coming to Adelaide in 2019
Music Festivals and Musicians Playing Adelaide in 2019
No matter what time of the year you visit Adelaide you’re almost sure to find a music festival or event to delight and entertain you. Adelaide is well known for its cultural events with music being a large part of the festivals and live events happening all year round.
You can choose from free events or paid, but if you’re coming to Adelaide to enjoy the music, be warned that the city does get very busy, so book your accommodation ahead of time.
Here are some of the music festivals and musicians playing Adelaide in 2019:
- On January 6th, you can party at FOMO in Elder Park with a full line-up of local and international acts all on the one stage.
- Phil Collins’ Not Dead Yet tour plays Adelaide Oval on January 25th
- Florence and the Machine’s High as Hope tour plays Adelaide’s Botanic Park on January 16th
- An Australia Day concert in Elder Park on January 26th
- Supertramp’s Roger Hodgson is live in concert at Bonython Park on February 6th
- Music in the Square Summer Sessions is a free event showcasing the best of Adelaide’s emerging musical talent on February 7th
- Selby & Friends: Root Position on February 24th at the Elder Hall incorporates works by Beethoven, Mendelssohn and Smetana
- RUDIMENTAL “Toast To Our Differences Tour” 2019 at Bonython Park on February 9th
- The world famous WOMADelaide festival gets underway from March 8th to 11th at Botanic Park, featuring performances and workshops from over 500 musicians, dancers and DJs
- Leo Sayer at Thebarton Theatre on April 6th
- Colin Hay from Men at Work is performing at Thebarton Theatre on April 24th
- Zofo is a ’20-Finger Orchestra’ featuring dazzling artistry and outside-the-box thematic programming for piano-four-hands at The Adelaide Town Hall on May 23rd
- Selby & Friends: Love & Devotion concert at the Elder Hall on May 24th
- Doric String Quartet at the Adelaide Town Hall on June 13th
- Selby & Friends: From Russia with Love at the Elder Hall on July 7th
- Choir of King’s College, Cambridge at the Adelaide Town Hall on July 23rd
- Selby & Friends: The Game Changers at Elder Hall on September 8th
- Emerson String Quartet at Adelaide Town Hall on September 19th
- Croatian-born pianist Dejan Lazić rejoins Richard Tognetti at Adelaide Town Hall for a celebration of Mozart’s symphonies and concertos on September 10th
- Selby & Friends: Beethoven’s Back! Elder Hall on October 27th
Book your Hotel in Advance
There will be many more events added to the calendar as the year progresses, but if you’re travelling to Adelaide for any music events, be sure to book your accommodation well ahead of your arrival.
You can make the most of discounts, the best choice of hotels and rooms, and enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your accommodation is taken of and you can relax and have a great time.
At InterContinental Adelaide, we’re just minutes away from all the major venues you’ll be attending, and we’re right on the River Torrens with the largest sized hotel rooms in Adelaide.
© Copyright 2018. IHG®. All Rights Reserved. InterContinental Adelaide
IHG® is a registered trademark of InterContinental Hotels Group or its subsidiaries.
This hotel is independently owned by Grand Willow Development PTC Ltd as trustee for Viewgrand Trust G and Managed by IHG Hotels Management (Australia) Pty Ltd