Summer recipe kingfish and wasabi
Summer Recipe of kingfish with wasabi
The perfect summer dish for a hot summer’s day is a delicious seafood recipe! Our Executive Chef Tony Hart has shared his recipe for kingfish with wasabi.
- Kingfish fillet
- Micro herbs
- Lemon juice
- Rice vinegar
For the Kingfish
- Remove the shin and slice the fillet in half along the lateral line removing any bones. Pack tightly into a non-reactive container
- Combine the rice vinegar, mirin, soy and lemon juice and pour this mixture over the fish and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours turning once
For the wasabi
- In a food processor place the peeled and seeded avocado and pulse till smooth.
- Add the wasabi powder and lemon juice to taste, then season and fold in whipped cream
Julienne the kohlrabi or daikon and place in a bowl. Heat the pickling spice and pour over the kohlrabi and allow to cool
- Place a generous dollop of the avocado on a plate and drag down the plate with a spoon.
- Remove the king fish from the pickle and pat dry with absorbent paper. Slice into 3-4 mm thick slices and arrange 4-5 slices per person on top of the avocado
- Drain the kohlrabi and place this on the plate.
To experience other seafood dishes, make a reservation to experience dinner in our award winning Shiki Japanese restaurant. Whilst dining in Shiki, why not make it even more memorable with a luxury night away!
The experiences you discover today, are the stories you share tomorrow. Experience everything on your bucket list this Summer! If you are stuck for ideas we have curated a list of our must-do South Australian bucket list items.
Not an IHG® Rewards Club member? Sign up at ihgrewardsclub.com
Clicking ‘Book Now’ will direct you to InterContinental Adelaide’s booking engine. Your Your Rate rate will be automatically populated when you click ‘View Rooms and Rates’.
© Copyright 2018. IHG®. All Rights Reserved. InterContinental Adelaide
IHG® is a registered trademark of InterContinental Hotels Group or its subsidiaries.
This hotel is independently owned by Grand Willow Development PTC Ltd as trustee for Viewgrand Trust G and Managed by IHG Hotels Management (Australia) Pty Ltd