Summer recipe kingfish and wasabi
Summer Recipe of kingfish with wasabi
The perfect summer dish for a hot summer’s day is a delicious seafood recipe! Our Executive Chef Tony Hart has shared his recipe for kingfish with wasabi.
- Kingfish fillet
- Micro herbs
- Lemon juice
- Rice vinegar
For the Kingfish
- Remove the shin and slice the fillet in half along the lateral line removing any bones. Pack tightly into a non-reactive container
- Combine the rice vinegar, mirin, soy and lemon juice and pour this mixture over the fish and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours turning once
For the wasabi
- In a food processor place the peeled and seeded avocado and pulse till smooth.
- Add the wasabi powder and lemon juice to taste, then season and fold in whipped cream
Julienne the kohlrabi or daikon and place in a bowl. Heat the pickling spice and pour over the kohlrabi and allow to cool
- Place a generous dollop of the avocado on a plate and drag down the plate with a spoon.
- Remove the king fish from the pickle and pat dry with absorbent paper. Slice into 3-4 mm thick slices and arrange 4-5 slices per person on top of the avocado
- Drain the kohlrabi and place this on the plate.
© Copyright 2017. IHG®. All Rights Reserved. InterContinental Adelaide
IHG® is a registered trademark of InterContinental Hotels Group or its subsidiaries.
This hotel is independently owned by Grand Willow Development PTC Ltd as trustee for Viewgrand Trust G and Managed by IHG Hotels Management (Australia) Pty Ltd