Cold Ramen Noodles Summer Recipe
Summer Recipe – Cold Ramen Noodles
Shiki is famous for firing up the teppan to wow patrons with the traditional and entertaining teppanyaki dishes. In the hot summer months that Adelaide can experience sometimes the palette calls for something cool and refreshing.
Chef de Cuisine, Kenny Trinh has this mouth-watering Cold Raman Noodle recipe coming to Shiki this summer, here is how you can replicate the dish at home:
- 4 servings of fresh ramen noodles (approximately 600 grams)
- 2 large cooked prawns, shelled and deveined
- 200g cooked corn kernels
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon hot chilli oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 slices ham, cut into thin strips
- 4 crab sticks, cut into thin strips
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin strips
- 2 spring onions, cut into thin strips
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the ramen noodles until tender. Drain and rinse under cold, running water and let drip dry. Set aside.Note: If the noodles start to clump or stick together, run under cold water again to loosen.
- In a small non-stick skillet cook beaten egg over medium heat for about 3 minutes until set in a thin sheet-like omelette, covering for the last minute in order to set the top. Remove from skillet, let cool, roll and cut into thin strips.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water, ginger, sesame oil, chilli oil and sesame seeds. Set dressing aside in refrigerator to chill.
- To serve, place chilled, drained noodles into 4 serving bowls. Top the noodles with prawns, corn, spring onion, ham, tomato, crab stick and sliced egg. Divide the dressing into 4 small bowls and serve, allowing your guests to pour the dressing over the bowl at their own discretion. Enjoy immediately.
If you are venturing to Adelaide this Summer, book direct with InterContinental Adelaide with our Easy like summer exclusive savings of up to 35% off your stay when you book before 15th December 2018.
Discover more here.
© Copyright 2018. IHG®. All Rights Reserved. InterContinental Adelaide
IHG® is a registered trademark of InterContinental Hotels Group or its subsidiaries.
This hotel is independently owned by Grand Willow Development PTC Ltd as trustee for Viewgrand Trust G and Managed by IHG Hotels Management (Australia) Pty Ltd